Last Modified April 27, 2021
When is your information collected?
Remoty collects information about you when you either provide it to us at the time of registering or when you use our services or when you have any conversation with our customer support or any conversation that you have with the bot.
- The information regarding your account and profile is collected when you modify your profile or set preferences or make purchases using our services.
- The information you provide through our support channels is collected when you use our customer support and may choose to submit information like documents, screenshots, etc. regarding a problem you are experiencing.
- The payment and the billing information is collected when you register for our paid services.
- We keep track of certain information about you when you visit, use and interact with the services that we provide.
What information we collect?
For us to provide Remoty’s services to users, the processing of your data as mentioned below is necessary. While installing Remoty into your Slack team, you consent to the below mentioned permissions by accepting our Terms & Conditions. The following is the list of the information that we collect:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address and business details when you/your employer creates an account.
- Communications with us e.g. comments, suggestions, a request for information about our products and services or any other correspondence or phone calls.
- The way in which you use our services including in-App purchases e.g. upgrading to Business plan.
- Interactions with third-party service providers, marketing partners and affiliate interactions including but not limited to Google Analytics, Stripe and Drift.
- Time entry and attendance data when you use the App.
- Your profile, workspace profile fields and any data you enter in them.
- Your user id number, full name, and workspace id number on your workspace.
- Your email addresses of your Slack workspace’s members.
- Profile information for all users on your workspace, including names and contact information.
- The marketing channels and campaigns that drew you to Remoty are noted for marketing purposes.
- Remoty will be able to install a bot user that appears in and has access to your workspace’s directory. It can also post messages and view activity on messages in any channel it is invited to.
How we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website and use our services. Remoty acts as a data processor and uses personal information to improve the quality of the services offered. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you:
- To process your request and commands. If needed to serve you better, our employees will be able to look at your conversation data.
- To personalize your experience by delivering the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your usage, analytics and to communicate best practices and follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To use the information, you provide in our communications with you to respond to your inquiries, comments, disputes.
- To contact you regard.ing any operational issues or problems with the App
- For research and development purposes in order to make our services smarter, faster, secure, integrated, and more useful to you
- To communicate with you about the services to send transactional communications via email and within the services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To market, promote and drive engagement with the services by sending promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying Remoty’s ads on other companies' websites and applications, as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google.
- To resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve our services.
- To verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of service policies for safety and security purposes
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights, if needed we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
How we share your information?
We do not share personal information about you with any third party unless we have your permission. We share your information with those third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our services and they are listed below:
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you.
- We work with third parties who provide consulting, sales, and technical services to deliver and implement customer solution. We may share your information with these third parties in connection with their services, such as to assist with billing and collections, to provide localized support, and to provide customizations.
- Our website and App may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit information to any of those third-party sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies, not ours.
- We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all our assets, which could include your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of company liquidation.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Remoty, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Accessing/Handling your information
Below is a summary of how can you access, modify or delete your data and information. You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information, however there are some limitations too which are listed below. You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Following is a list of things you can do with your information:
Access your information: You have access to your information all the time. The managers have compete access to their employees/team members information. However, the manger might restrict some information to be viewed or accessed by his team.
Deactivate your account: If you no longer wish to use Remoty, you or your manager have the option to deactivate your account. If you can deactivate your own account, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your manager. If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact Contact Support. Please be aware that deactivating your account deletes your information within 30 days
Delete data: You can delete task data from your account. You would not be able to delete check ins, check outs and breaks data. If you want to get the recorded check ins and checks outs to be deleted, you will have to contact us at Contact Support.
Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe an account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account.
Your request may be limited in certain cases for example when:
If fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person
If you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep
If you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted.
Still, if you have any unresolved concerns, you may contact us at Contact Support or drop us a mail at email@example.com.
You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
How we secure information?
Our website or services are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site or App as safe as possible. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All your data is stored on MongoDB Atlas cloud service which is one of the world’s biggest technology infrastructure provider. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We never ask for credit card numbers. When you pay your bill, we use Stripe which is one of the safest payment processors in the world.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive data and credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website or services, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site or services policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety. However, some information about site visitor & app user information may be provided to other parties for research, marketing & advertising (like Facebook Pixel, Google Ads, Segment etc.)
By continuing to access or use our App after any changes come into effect, you are agreeing to the revised policy.
Our App contains links to other websites. Any information you provide on those sites is provided directly to the owner of that site and you should therefore, read their own privacy policies.